Working from Home Expenses – 22/06/2021

Accounts Navigator

It is highly common for entertainers and creatives to work from home when creating content and/or rehearsing, so it’s important to know that you could be claiming a proportion of home expenses on your tax return.

If a room is furnished like an office (computer, desk, lamp etc.), expenses relating to the room can be claimed throughout the whole year.

You may be able to claim tax relief for:
• Mortgage interest/rent
• Council tax
• Lighting and heating
• Repairs and decorating
• Buildings/contents insurance

It is important to note that you cannot claim the whole bill, just the part that relates to your work.



The Entertainment Sector can be a confusing area of work – especially if it is your full-time career. Knowing how to take control of your time and money while still adhering to HMRC rules can be a tedious task.

Our Director Andrea L Richards has written an E-Book on the most common mistakes made by Entertainers and expert advice on how to avoid and overcome them. 

This article is copyright © 2024